Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Love and Luck

I have always been extremely lucky when it came to minor, ultimately insignificant things.


In 6th grade, we picked names out of a hat at 3 different times through the year to pick 2 or 3 students to get to go on special trips and I was picked for all three. I always got to play the biggest xylophone at assemblies for parents. In college, when I forget to hand things in, the professor forgets they are due. Very weird things, really. I left my wallet in a room the library my freshman year, and the next person to walk into that room and see it was one of my roommates- hours hater. Last year, after a particularly rough night, I woke up to find that I had completely ripped a brand new dress that I had bought for a friends birthday party. I ignored the situation until the following week, when I was in Mexico, wanting to wear the dress. I walked upstairs in the hotel to see if they could fix it, and there was an actual sewing convention taking place.


As is always the case, this has been countered by the karmic gods. By my absolutely horrendous luck with electronics.


My life is a black hole for cameras, cell phones, ipods- you name it, I've gone through at least 5.


My first iphone was dropped in a toilet. my second, i dropped while running and the entire screen cracked. the third- again, water damage.


Blackberries have, also, been the death of me. The last time I had to get my blackberry replaced, not only did the man at the tmobile store remember me- but he warned me ahead of time that insurance only covers 3 phones a year so i "really should be more careful."


All three of my blackberries fell victim to water damage. Also known as a typical college lifestyle.


I literally cannot even count how many cameras i've been through. And I also couldnt tell you where most of them are at this point.


Anyway I thought about this strange trend in my luck today when I was able to snag the last spot in all of the classes I wanted…but after a week and a half in Paris, one of the most metropolitan cities in the world…my phone still isn't working and i still don't have internet in my room.


On another note, they don't have diet pepsi in Paris and i absolutely cannot force myself to drink diet coke. it's horrible. Fortunately, they DO have "pepsi max"- no calories and twice the caffeine of regular pepsi.


Good call, Paris, good call.


In other news- nothing of interest. Last night I went out for dinner and to the Arc De Triomphe- wonderful on all accounts. The weather is bad here and I have no classes today. Credit card should be coming tomorrow- leading to my having a functioning phone....

No comments:

Post a Comment