Things are looking up. Its 56 degrees here right now- finally. Classes are starting tomorrow and out of my list of 12 things to do before everything is normal in my life here, I have accomplished 5.
I actually didn't know this until 2 days ago, but apparently when you go abroad, your grades don't count towards your GPA (mom and dad, pay attention here) so everything is pass/fail. This means that in order to get credit for the courses, I just need Cs and above. literally there will be NO difference on my GW transcript between an A and a C. wow. it's nice when mediocrity is encouraged. Also, that will give me many excuses to skip out on Friday classes in favor of Barcelona/Amsterdam/various other locations that will further my education much more than education. Oh, and I have no classes Wednesdays, one on monday, one on thursday, 2 on tuesday, and 2 on friday. I don't know how this happened.
Awesome.
On that note, we are starting to plan a trip for the first weekend in February…but the location is still up for debate. I love this because I am extremely pathetic and miserable when it comes to cold weather, which I hate more than anything. In light of this, I am encouraging any location with warmer temperatures.
Tonight I get to watch football at an American (okay, Canadian…but at this point, the difference is unnoticeable) bar. This is one of my favorite pastimes (as previously discussed) so I am dawning a distinctly American outfit today of Sperrys and a button down in celebration.
Oh, and yesterday I successfully bought a blowdryer. AND fixed my fridge (which was broken.)
note to future travelers: the term "blowdryer" just doesn't translate. I ended up asking for "what you use to make hair not wet after you wash it" (the word for "dry" slipped my mind.)
eventually- this worked.
success!
I have seen every episode of the Office approximately 67 times, and the new season of Lost doesn't start for another 3 weeks. This forced me to find something new to watch. Thus far, I've been getting into The Daily Show, Sex and the City (which ive already seen every episode of, obviously) and (oddly) Mad Men. It is unlike me to start watching new shows via my complete ocd…but I needed something new and The Daily Show keeps me up to date on America, Sex and the City is a classic that I haven't really watched in a few years, and Mad Men (even though i rarely get into those cult like shows) is actually pretty interesting. I've only seen a few episodes by this point, and am currently staying tuned mostly because I want this Don Draper character (as suave as he may be) to get caught in the act. On that note, before him I had never seen a guy make smoking cigarettes seem attractive. He proved me wrong. But still. I am awaiting his demise.
C'est tout pour maintenant!
After a week, I can say with about 70% certainty that that translates to "thats all for now"

No comments:
Post a Comment