Well, I have now been in Paris for three weeks!
It took awhile to adjust, to reconcile with everything lost and not lost- but I am here.
And I am really liking it, now. Wednesday, I navigated my way around the city, found an art store to get supplies for my drawing class, found a grocery store, and cooked my first meal (okay, it was just chicken) successfully!
Not having classes on Wednesdays is really great because unlike not having classes on Fridays, I actually feel like I have to be a little bit productive.
Last night, in light of my crew being off in Madrid and my trying to hold off on the alcohol until Maggie gets here a week from today, I cooked myself dinner again and went for a walk. I arrived at a small cafe directly across from the eiffel tower and so I sat and did something I have never done before- i ordered a cup of coffee.
If you know me at all, you know that i HATE coffee. Well…in all honesty, I don't think i'd ever actually tasted it- I really just hate the smell. And now that i'm feeling all grown up and everything, I thought it was time for me to acquire a taste for it.
Well, two cups and 9 packs of sugar later, I don't think i hate it anymore. Also, I got it with milk. So that was a success.
My one class tomorrow was cancelled. So I'm taking advantage of my art-student free pass and going to the Louvre. Maybe i'll even venture another cup of coffee.
On another note, January is jusssst about over- and you know what that means
…the FINAL season begins in just about a week.
I am, of course, referencing Lost, which I have been not so patiently awaiting for a little too long...

No comments:
Post a Comment